SHIPPIN’ UP TO BOSTON: FIGHTNIGHT LIVE TO AIR MURPHYS BOXING CARD, DROPKICK MURPHYS CONCERT ON ST. PATRICK’S SATURDAY
Fan-friendly, FREE Facebook platform with nearly 5.2 million views to feature live access from sold-out House of Blues in the shadows of Fenway Park.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK (March 12, 2019) – For the second-straight year, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast has something for everyone as the fan-friendly and completely FREE platform celebrates St. Patrick’s Day in Boston with the Dropkick Murphys and Murphys Boxing. Music fans and fight enthusiasts from across the nation and around the globe can catch the Dropkick Murphys in concert and an outstanding card with international appeal on Saturday – via any device where Facebook is available – brought to fans by the promotion born out of the Dropkick Murphys popular Celtic punk band.
The free, interactive series – which has entertained almost 5.2 million fans since its platform premiere in May of 2017 – visits the shadows of Fenway once again to continue its March schedule. The three-show March is part of a 2019 first quarter that showcases an outstanding six-card lineup featuring six different promotions and spanning four cities, which began with three February shows and two March shows already that combined for more than 860,000 views.
“This is my favorite day of the year,” said Ken Casey, Dropkick Murphys Frontman and President and Founder, Murphys Boxing. “We have a sold-out venue and an excellent boxing card, and Facebook will give our fans around the world a live look inside on the Dropkick Murphys, Murphys Boxing and FIGHTNIGHT LIVE channels.”
In Saturday’s the main event, NABA Champion Mark DeLuca (22-1, 13 KOs) takes on Jimmy Williams (16-1-1, 5 KOs) in an all-New England battle of super welterweights. Also seeing action will be NABA light heavyweight titleholder Charles Foster (17-0, 8 KOs), putting his unblemished mark on the line against battle-tested Chicago native Mike Jimenez (22-1-2, 14 KO’s). The stacked card will also see top-tier middleweight contender and Irish favorite Gary “Spike” O’Sullivan(29-3, 20 KOs) take on popular New Englander Khiary Gray (16-4, 12 KOs). Meanwhile, Irish nationals clash as Noel Murphy (12-1-1, 2 KOs) takes on undefeated John Joyce (7-0, 4 KOs) and undefeated heavyweight Niall Kennedy (12-0-1, 7 KOs) is also scheduled to make an appearance, representing The Emerald Isle on its celebrated weekend.
“St. Paddy’s Day in Boston with the Dropkick Murphys is becoming one of our favorite FIGHTNIGHT LIVE traditions, but Saturday’s card may be the finest in the history of our platform in terms of title fights and quality matchups from top to bottom,” said Mark Fratto, Principal and Director of Business Development, Linacre Media. “Combine that lineup with a live set from Ken Casey and the Dropkick Murphys, it’s unbeatable, and since the House of Blues is sold-out, we’ll get you inside and up close with Facebook.”
Now in its second season, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast is the fan-friendly Facebook platform that – among other aspects – prides itself on the real-time conversations held between fight commentators and the viewing audience. FIGHTNIGHT LIVE has showcased more than 515 fighters and 16 promotions during 31 live event broadcasts from 18 different cities since May 2017, and in doing so, the interactive platform has generated the loyal interest of fight fans from across the United States and around the globe, including significant audiences in Mexico, the United Kingdom and other parts of Europe, and even fans in South America, Asia and Australia.
- Since May 2017, the numbers on the 30-show FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series showed promise and potential for the new platform with an average of 167,483 views per event and almost 5.2 million total views for the franchise. Since Sept. 2018, Season II shows have averaged more than 269,000 views.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” (594,447) from the Sands in Bethlehem, the Dec. 2018 “Queens and Kings of Queens Card” (379,758) in New York, the Nov. 2018 “Hard Hitting Showtime Collaboration” (372,662), the Dec. 2018 “Roy Jones Jr. Texas Throwdown” (318,886), the Oct. 2018 “Hard Hitting Philly Special” (297,545), the Oct. 2018 hour-long Bareknuckle “Freeview” (292,253), the Nov. 2018 “Titans In The Capital” (256,871), the Sept. 2017 “Real Deal Promotions: Empire State” from Resorts World Casino (225,000), the Feb. 2019 “Raging Babe Philly Special” (203,000) and the August 2017 CES “Super Saturday” from Foxwoods (203,000) all logged 200,000 or more views, and collectively the 30-show series has seen a total of more than 5,191,976 views across all devices.
- In addition to the raw viewership numbers, the fully-interactive, fan-friendly productions have seen more than 419,000 collective live post engagements (more than 13,000 per show), including more than 324,000 “likes” or “loves,” almost 56,000 comments and more than 18,000 shares.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” from the Sands in Bethlehem set a new bar with 594,447 views and the Sept. 2017 DiBella-CES doubleheader carried the series to three-quarters-of-a-million views in just over four months. The Sept. 2017 DiBella card saw more than 40,000 viewer interactions including almost 39,000 “likes” or “loves” and the March 17, 2018, Murphy’s “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” set a new high-water mark for shares with 2,182.
- The FIGHTNIGHT LIVE page on Facebook has more than 87,000 fans and more than 94,000 followers.
Created and produced by Linacre Media out of New York City, the FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series features professional announcers, multiple camera angles, television graphics, replays and behind-the-scenes access and interviews. The streamed shows are available globally wherever Facebook is available. The initiative not only enables fans from around the world to tune in, but also gives up-and-coming fighters a global platform to showcase their abilities, gives promoters an accessible “broadcast” solution and gives sponsors the ability to reach a mass audience via branded content.
FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Spring 2019 dates will be officially announced in the coming weeks.
Follow all the action via social media at FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Facebook, @FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Instagram and@FIGHTNIGHTLIVE_ on Twitter, or by using the hashtag #FIGHTNIGHTLIVE. For the latest Linacre Media events and broadcast schedule, follow @LinacreMedia across all social platforms or use the tags #LinacreMediaEvents or #LinacreMediaOnTV.
The preeminent brand in boxing since 1910, Everlast is the world’s leading manufacturer, marketer and licensor of boxing, MMA and fitness equipment. From legendary champions Jack Dempsey and Sugar Ray Robinson to current superstars Deontay Wilder and Dustin Poirier, Everlast is the brand of choice for generations of world champion professional athletes. Built on a brand heritage of strength, dedication, individuality and authenticity, Everlast is a necessary part of the lives of countless champions. Based in Manhattan, Everlast’s products are sold across more than 75 countries and 6 continents. For more information, visitwww.everlast.com.