FIGHTNIGHT LIVE TO FEATURE ALANTEZ FOX, TIARA BROWN AND OTHER D.C. STARS FROM OUR NATION’S CAPITAL ON SATURDAY
Surpassing the six-million views mark, the fan-friendly Facebook platform carries a big weekend card from the Capital City.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK (May 15, 2019) – Having recently surpassed the six-million views mark and celebrating its second anniversary, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast next sets its sights on our nation’s capital, ready to deliver a big Washington, D.C., card on Saturday. Beginning at 7:15 p.m. ET live from the new Entertainment and Sports Arena, the interactive, FREE Facebook channel will feature seven bouts from the Capital, the 21st city which has played host to the series.
“Our tenth show of the calendar year takes us to our nation’s capital, and we’re really excited about featuring a world-class individual in Alantez Fox, decorated police officer Tiara Brown and a new group of warriors from the DMV on our Facebook platform,” said Mark Fratto, Principal and Director of Business Development, Linacre Media. “In addition to the venerable Michael Woods, we’ll have WBC World Champion Franchon Crews-Dezurn as part of our commentary team, and that on the heels of us surpassing six million views at our second anniversary. It’s been an exciting year so far for FIGHTNIGHT LIVE.”
Saturday’s FIGHTNIGHT LIVE lineup is headlined by contender Alantez “SlyAza” Fox (24-1-1, 11 KOs), who has stood out not only in the D.C. area but on the national stage as well. Fox faces an experienced foe in Nick Brinson (19-4-2, 9 KOs) of upstate New York in a super middleweight contest across eight rounds. Recently named “Washington D.C. Police Officer of the Year,” undefeated pro Tiara Brown (7-0) meets four-time world title challenger Angel Gladney (10-14-1, 6 KOs) of South Carolina. Area standouts Patrick Harris (15-0, 8 KOs), Jordan White (7-1, 6 KOs), Sam Crossed (8-0, 5 KOs), Renaldo Gaines (9-2, 3 KOs) and George Harris (2-0, 2 KOs) all put their formidable records on the line, free on Facebook.
“Tricky Entertainment is committed to bringing world-class boxing back to D.C.,” said Erwin Pendergrast, President of Tricky Entertainment. “Our Tricky Entertainment Family had a great show last winter and the fact that we’ll have a global audience for Saturday’s show via Facebook FIGHTNIGHT LIVE is a testament to the direction we’re headed in and how much we’re growing.”
Now in its second season, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast is the fan-friendly Facebook platform that – among other aspects – prides itself on the real-time conversations held between fight commentators and the viewing audience. FIGHTNIGHT LIVE has showcased more than 564 fighters and 17 promotions during 35 live event broadcasts from 20 different cities since May 2017, and in doing so, the interactive platform has generated the loyal interest of fight fans from across the United States and around the globe, including significant audiences in Mexico, the United Kingdom and other parts of Europe, and even fans in South America, Asia and Australia.
- Since May 2017, the numbers on the 35-show FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series showed promise and potential for the new platform with an average of 176,506 views per event and more than 6.2 million total views for the franchise. Since Sept. 2018, eighteen FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Season II shows have reached 4.7 million fans and have averaged more than 264,000 views.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” (594,447) from the Sands in Bethlehem, the Dec. 2018 “Queens and Kings of Queens Card” (379,758) in New York, the Nov. 2018 “Hard Hitting Showtime Collaboration” (372,662), the Dec. 2018 “Roy Jones Jr. Texas Throwdown” (318,886), the Oct. 2018 “Hard Hitting Philly Special” (297,545), the May 2019 “Murphys Open MGM Springfield” (296,078), the Oct. 2018 hour-long Bareknuckle “Freeview” (292,253), the Nov. 2018 “Titans In The Capital” (256,871) and the March 2019 Murphys Boxing “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” (252,065) all logged 250,000 or more views, and collectively the 35-show series has seen a total of more than 6,177,724 views across all devices.
- In addition to the raw viewership numbers, the fully-interactive, fan-friendly productions have seen more than 445,000 collective live post engagements (almost 13,000 per show), including almost 345,000 “likes” or “loves,” more than 60,000 comments and almost 20,000 shares.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” from the Sands in Bethlehem set a new bar with 594,447 views. The Sept. 2017 DiBella card saw more than 40,000 viewer interactions including almost 39,000 “likes” or “loves” and the March 17, 2018, Murphy’s “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” set a new high-water mark for shares with 2,182.
- The FIGHTNIGHT LIVE page on Facebook has almost 89,000 fans and almost 97,000 followers.
Created and produced by Linacre Media out of New York City, the FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series features professional announcers, multiple camera angles, television graphics, replays and behind-the-scenes access and interviews. The streamed shows are available globally wherever Facebook is available. The initiative not only enables fans from around the world to tune in, but also gives up-and-coming fighters a global platform to showcase their abilities, gives promoters an accessible “broadcast” solution and gives sponsors the ability to reach a mass audience via branded content.
FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Summer 2019 dates will be officially announced in the coming weeks.
FIGHTNIGHT LIVE is available online at: https://www.facebook.com/FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE/
Follow all the action via social media at FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Facebook, @FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Instagram and@FIGHTNIGHTLIVE_ on Twitter, or by using the hashtag #FIGHTNIGHTLIVE. For the latest Linacre Media events and broadcast schedule, follow @LinacreMedia across all social platforms or use the tags #LinacreMediaEvents or #LinacreMediaOnTV.
About Everlast Worldwide Inc.
The preeminent brand in boxing since 1910, Everlast is the world’s leading manufacturer, marketer and licensor of boxing, MMA and fitness equipment. From legendary champions Jack Dempsey and Sugar Ray Robinson to current superstars Deontay Wilder and Dustin Poirier, Everlast is the brand of choice for generations of world champion professional athletes. Built on a brand heritage of strength, dedication, individuality and authenticity, Everlast is a necessary part of the lives of countless champions. Based in Manhattan, Everlast’s products are sold across more than 75 countries and 6 continents. For more information, visitwww.everlast.com.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Marc Abrams, Abrams Boxing
Mark Fratto, Linacre Media