For Immediate Release
Mark Fratto, Linacre Media
Now Over seven Million Views, FIGHTNIGHT Live Returns Home To NYC on Friday
City’s best-and-brightest to be showcased this weekend via fan-friendly, FREE platform.
NEW YORK (July 10, 2019) – Having reached the seven-million view plateau and approaching the 40-show milestone, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast returns home to New York City on Friday, July 12, to showcase some of New York’s bravest and finest pro boxing talent. Beginning at 7 p.m. E.T. live from The City that Never Sleeps, the fan-friendly, FREE Facebook platform will feature a card punctuated by prospects. The event is presented by Ronson Frank’s Uprising Promotions and the New Mexican Promotion.
Fan favorite Titus Williams (8-2, 3 KOs) faces Aaron Echeveste Lopez (6-3, 3 KOs) of Guanajuato, Mexico, coming off a March knockout victory where Williams headlined in the same venue. Undefeated super lightweight Mathew Gonzalez (8-0, 5 KOs) will also be back in action, looking to pick up a ninth win when he meets 30-bout veteran Federico Jesus Benjamin Malespina of Argentina. Three undefeated Brooklyn warriors will also be featured on the eight-bout card – Cesar Francis (5-0, 4 KOs) meets 14-fight veteran Antonio Sanchez of Puerto Rico, Paul Anthony (2-0, 1 KO) faces Earvin Young (1-0, 1 KO) of Milwaukee, Wis., and Ariel Lopez (12-0, 7 KOs), originally of Puebla, Mexico, squares off with knockout artist Ivan Martino (5-3, 5 KOs).
“This show will feature a number of fighters from our world-famous Gleason’s Gym Boxing Family, and we take particular pride in showcasing deserving boxers from our home market in New York City,” said Mark Fratto, Principal and Director of Business Development, Linacre Media. “Headliners like Long Island’s Williams and undefeated warriors like Queens’ Gonzalez and Brooklyn’s Francis and Lopez will make for an explosive night, free on Facebook.”
Now in its second season, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast is the fan-friendly Facebook platform that – among other aspects – prides itself on the real-time conversations held between fight commentators and the viewing audience. FIGHTNIGHT LIVE has showcased more than 620 fighters and 19 promotions during 38 live event broadcasts from 21 different cities since May 2017, and in doing so, the interactive platform has generated the loyal interest of fight fans from across the United States and around the globe, including significant audiences in Mexico, the United Kingdom and other parts of Europe, and even fans in South America, Asia and Australia.
- Since May 2017, the numbers on the 38-show FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series have shown promise and potential for the new platform with an average of 186,392 views per event and more than 7.0 million total views for the franchise. Since Sept. 2018, 21 FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Season II shows have reached 5.7 million fans and have averaged more than 269,000 views.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” (594,447) from the Sands in Bethlehem, the June 2019 “CES Comeback at Foxwoods” (428,887), the Dec. 2018 “Queens and Kings of Queens Card” (379,758) in New York, the Nov. 2018 “Hard Hitting Showtime Collaboration” (372,662), the Dec. 2018 “Roy Jones Jr. Texas Throwdown” (318,886), the Oct. 2018 “Hard Hitting Philly Special” (297,545), the May 2019 “Murphys Open MGM Springfield” (296,078), the Oct. 2018 hour-long Bareknuckle “Freeview” (292,253), the Nov. 2018 “Titans In The Capital” (256,871) and the March 2019 Murphys Boxing “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” (252,065) all logged 250,000 or more views, and collectively the 38-show series has seen a total of more than 7,082,885 views across all devices.
- In addition to the raw viewership numbers, the fully-interactive, fan-friendly productions have seen more than 465,000 collective live post engagements (more than 12,000 per show), including almost 360,000 “likes” or “loves,” almost 65,000 comments and more than 21,000 shares.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” from the Sands in Bethlehem set a new bar with 594,447 views. The Sept. 2017 DiBella card saw more than 40,000 viewer interactions including almost 39,000 “likes” or “loves” and the March 17, 2018, Murphy’s “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” set a new high-water mark for shares with 2,182.
- The FIGHTNIGHT LIVE page on Facebook has almost 90,000 fans and more than 99,000 followers.
Created and produced by Linacre Media out of New York City, the FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series features professional announcers, multiple camera angles, television graphics, replays and behind-the-scenes access and interviews. The streamed shows are available globally wherever Facebook is available. The initiative not only enables fans from around the world to tune in, but also gives up-and-coming fighters a global platform to showcase their abilities, gives promoters an accessible “broadcast” solution and gives sponsors the ability to reach a mass audience via branded content.
Additional FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Summer 2019 dates will be officially announced in the coming weeks.
FIGHTNIGHT LIVE is available online at: https://www.facebook.com/FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE/
Follow all the action via social media at FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Facebook, @FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Instagram and @FIGHTNIGHTLIVE_ on Twitter, or by using the hashtag #FIGHTNIGHTLIVE. For the latest Linacre Media events and broadcast schedule, follow @LinacreMedia across all social platforms or use the tags #LinacreMediaEvents or #LinacreMediaOnTV.
About Everlast Worldwide Inc.
The preeminent brand in boxing since 1910, Everlast is the world’s leading manufacturer, marketer and licensor of boxing, MMA and fitness equipment. From legendary champions Jack Dempsey and Sugar Ray Robinson to current superstars Deontay Wilder and Dustin Poirier, Everlast is the brand of choice for generations of world champion professional athletes. Built on a brand heritage of strength, dedication, individuality and authenticity, Everlast is a necessary part of the lives of countless champions. Based in Manhattan, Everlast’s products are sold across more than 75 countries and 6 continents. For more information, visit www.everlast.com.