For Immediate Release
Mark Fratto, Linacre Media
Sean Sullivan, Murphys Boxing
FIGHTNIGHT Live WRAPS SEASON ii WITH FRIDAY FIREWORKS LIVE FROM ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR
Interactive, FREE Facebook series looks to reach 8,000,000 views with 25th show of second season.
NEW YORK (Aug. 22, 2019) – The 24-show second season of FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast comes to a close on Friday with one more major milestone to reach. Beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET, live from the beautiful new Encore Boston Harbor, the interactive, FREE Facebook series looks to summit the eight-million views mountaintop as the platform once again partners with the red-hot New England boxing promotion born out of the Dropkick Murphys popular Celtic punk band.
“People are still buzzing about our last event at Encore Boston Harbor,” said Ken Casey, Dropkick Murphys Frontman and President and Founder, Murphys Boxing. “We are excited to be partnering with FIGHTNIGHT LIVE once again to showcase some of our big guns and local prospects, free of charge to fans on the FNL, Dropkick Murphys and Murphys Boxing Facebook pages.”
“As we reach the end of FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Season II, we are so grateful to all of the fighters, promoters and especially the fans for taking this wild ride with us,” said Mark Fratto, Principal and Director of Business Development, Linacre Media. “We can’t think of a better place to celebrate what will be eight-million views than the incredible new Encore Boston Harbor with Murphy’s Boxing – where we’re once again privileged to showcase an accomplished warrior a few wins away from a world title shot like Carlos Gongora, and a rising star in Brooklyn’s own Brian Ceballo from Tom Loeffler’s 360 Promotions.”
Gongora, a 2008 and 2012 Ecuadorian Olympian, brings his gleaming 16-0 record and 12 KOs into the ring. Now residing in Brooklyn, N.Y., the lefty meets fellow middleweight Alan Zavala (15-4, 13 KOs) of Tijuana, Mexico. Bona fide prospect Ceballo (9-0, 3 KOs) of New York City fights vet Luis Eduardo Florez (24-13, 20 KOs) of Colombia in a welterweight clash. Lightweight Jonathan Depina of Boston, Mass. will make his professional debut against Robbie Thomas (0-1), from Bay City, Michigan, while rookie James Perkins of nearby Stoneham, Mass., gloves up against debuting Aaron Trecell Smith from Boston in a cruiserweight clash – all free on Facebook.
Now in its second season, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast is the fan-friendly Facebook platform that – among other aspects – prides itself on the real-time conversations held between fight commentators and the viewing audience. FIGHTNIGHT LIVE has showcased more than 660 fighters and 19 promotions during 41 live event broadcasts from 21 different cities since May 2017, and in doing so, the interactive platform has generated the loyal interest of fight fans from across the United States and around the globe, including significant audiences in Mexico, the United Kingdom and other parts of Europe, and even fans in South America, Asia and Australia.
- Since May 2017, the numbers on the 41-show FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series have shown promise and potential for the platform with an average of
189,069 views per event and more than 7.7 million total views for the franchise. Since Sept. 2018, 24 FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Season II shows
have reached more than 6.3 million fans and
have averaged more than 263,000 views.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” (594,447) from the Sands in Bethlehem, the June 2019 “CES Comeback at Foxwoods” (428,887), the Dec. 2018 “Queens and Kings of Queens Card” (379,758) in New York, the Nov. 2018 “Hard Hitting Showtime Collaboration” (372,662), the Dec. 2018 “Roy Jones Jr. Texas Throwdown” (318,886), the Oct. 2018 “Hard Hitting Philly Special” (297,545), the May 2019 “Murphys Open MGM Springfield” (296,078), the Oct. 2018 hour-long Bareknuckle “Freeview” (292,253), the Nov. 2018 “Titans In The Capital” (256,871) and the March 2019 Murphys Boxing “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” (252,065) all logged 250,000 or more views, and collectively the 41-show series has seen a total of more than 7,751,830 views across all devices.
- In addition to the raw viewership numbers, the fully-interactive, fan-friendly productions have seen more than 480,000 collective live post engagements (more than 11,000 per show), including more than 370,000 “likes” or “loves,” more than 66,000 comments and more than 22,000 shares.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” from the Sands in Bethlehem set a new bar with 594,447 views. The Sept. 2017 DiBella card saw more than 40,000 viewer interactions including almost 39,000 “likes” or “loves” and the March 17, 2018, Murphy’s “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” set a new high-water mark for shares with 2,182.
- The FIGHTNIGHT LIVE page on Facebook has almost 90,000 fans and more than 100,000 followers.
Created and produced by Linacre Media out of New York City, the FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series features professional announcers, multiple camera angles, television graphics, replays and behind-the-scenes access and interviews. The streamed shows are available globally wherever Facebook is available. The initiative not only enables fans from around the world to tune in, but also gives up-and-coming fighters a global platform to showcase their abilities, gives promoters an accessible “broadcast” solution and gives sponsors the ability to reach a mass audience via branded content.
FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Fall 2019 dates will be officially announced in the coming weeks.
FIGHTNIGHT LIVE is available online at: https://www.facebook.com/FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE/
Follow all the action via social media at FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Facebook, @FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Instagram and @FIGHTNIGHTLIVE_ on Twitter, or by using the hashtag #FIGHTNIGHTLIVE. For the latest Linacre Media events and broadcast schedule, follow @LinacreMedia across all social platforms or use the tags #LinacreMediaEvents or #LinacreMediaOnTV.
About Everlast Worldwide Inc.
The preeminent brand in boxing since 1910, Everlast is the world’s leading manufacturer, marketer and licensor of boxing, MMA and fitness equipment. From legendary champions Jack Dempsey and Sugar Ray Robinson to current superstars Deontay Wilder and Dustin Poirier, Everlast is the brand of choice for generations of world champion professional athletes. Built on a brand heritage of strength, dedication, individuality and authenticity, Everlast is a necessary part of the lives of countless champions. Based in Manhattan, Everlast’s products are sold across more than 75 countries and 6 continents. For more information, visit www.everlast.com.