Interactive, FREE Facebook series partners with King’s Promotions at 2300 Arena and Marvin Shuler Promotions at The Showboat on Friday, Saturday this weekend.
NEW YORK (Dec. 4, 2019) – With the nine-million views plateau definitively in range, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast canvasses “The Fighting City of Philadelphia” and “The Historic Fight Capital of Atlantic City” this weekend to deliver a FREE doubleheader live from the boxing-rich Philly-AC corridor. The interactive series teams with Kings Promotions and Marvin Shuler Promotions on Friday and Saturday, respectively, to provide area prospects a global platform and give fight fans a front row seat to the action anywhere Facebook is available.
“We’re back in one of our favorite areas with two excellent cards featuring some of our favorite prospects,” said Mark Fratto, Principal and Director of Business Development, Linacre Media. “We’re excited to feature the likes of Myke Fox, Kalvin Henderson, Frankie Trader and others during this doubleheader weekend. And you haven’t heard the last of us in 2019, with one more show to go next weekend as well!”
Friday’s eight-bout card, promoted by Marshall Kauffman and King’s Promotions, features world-rated Top 15 contender Mykal “The Professor” Fox (21-1, 5 KOs, No. 14 IBF and No. 15 WBA) of Forestville, Md., as he takes on Johnny Arellano (10-1, 9 KOs) of Conroe, Texas, in a ten-round contest. The co-feature will pit undefeated super middleweight, Kalvin “Hot Sauce” Henderson (12-0, 8 KOs) of Fayetteville, Ark., against Genc Pllana (7-1, 4 KOs) of Hagerstown, Md., in an eight-round matchup. In an eight-round special feature, WBA No. 10-ranked super bantamweight Marcus Bates (10-1-1, 8 KOs) of Washington, D.C., meets Francisco Pedroza (13-9-2, 7 KOs) of Tijuana, Mexico.
Saturday’s spectacular at The Showboat – delivered by Marvin Shuler Promotions – features a 10-round main event headlined by Philadelphia lightweight Frankie Trader (13-2-1, 3 KOs). Antonio Dubose of Philly (11-2-1, 3 KOs) and undefeated battlers Luis Acosta of Houston, Texas (10-0, 9 KOs), Rasheen Brown (4-1, 1 KO), Benny Sinakin (5-0, 3 KOs), Alejandro Jimenez (5-0-1, 1 KO) buttress a big card, live from the AC boardwalk.
Now in its third season, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast is the fan-friendly Facebook platform that – among other aspects – prides itself on the real-time conversations held between fight commentators and the viewing audience. FIGHTNIGHT LIVE has showcased more than 720 fighters and 19 promotions during 45 live event broadcasts from 21 different cities since May 2017, and in doing so, the interactive platform has generated the loyal interest of fight fans from across the United States and around the globe, including significant audiences in Mexico, the United Kingdom and other parts of Europe, and even fans in South America, Asia and Australia.
- Since May 2017, the numbers on the 45-show FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series have shown promise and potential for the platform with an average of 199,620 views per event and more than 8.9 million total views for the franchise. From Sept. to Aug. 2019, 25 FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Season II shows reached more than 6.5 million fans and averaged more than 263,000 views.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” (594,447) from the Sands in Bethlehem, the Nov. 2019 “Star Boxing Paramount Punchout” (477,015) on Long Island, the June 2019 “CES Comeback at Foxwoods” (428,887), the Dec. 2018 “Queens and Kings of Queens Card” (379,758) in New York, the Nov. 2018 “Hard Hitting Showtime Collaboration” (372,662) and the Dec. 2018 “Roy Jones Jr. Texas Throwdown” (318,886) all logged 300,000 or more views, and collectively the 45-show series has seen a total of more than 8,982,943 views across all devices.
- In addition to the raw viewership numbers, the fully-interactive, fan-friendly productions have seen more than 498,000 collective live post engagements (more than 11,000 per show), including more than 380,000 “likes” or “loves,” more than 69,000 comments and almost 24,000 shares.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” from the Sands in Bethlehem set a new bar with 594,447 views. The Sept. 2017 DiBella Entertainment card saw more than 40,000 viewer interactions including almost 39,000 “likes” or “loves” and the March 17, 2018, Murphy’s “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” set a new high-water mark for shares with 2,182.
- The FIGHTNIGHT LIVE page on Facebook has more than 90,000 fans and almost 102,000 followers.
Created and produced by Linacre Media out of New York City, the FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series features professional announcers, multiple camera angles, television graphics, replays and behind-the-scenes access and interviews. The streamed shows are available globally wherever Facebook is available. The initiative not only enables fans from around the world to tune in, but also gives up-and-coming fighters a global platform to showcase their abilities, gives promoters an accessible “broadcast” solution and gives sponsors the ability to reach a mass audience via branded content.
Additional FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Winter 2019 dates will be officially announced in the coming weeks.
Follow all the action via social media at FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Facebook, @FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Instagram and @FIGHTNIGHTLIVE_ on Twitter, or by using the hashtag #FIGHTNIGHTLIVE. For the latest Linacre Media events and broadcast schedule, follow @LinacreMedia across all social platforms or use the tags #LinacreMediaEvents or #LinacreMediaOnTV.