With Frontline Battle rapidly approaching, Mike and Roy took a break from their rigorous training to reflect on their boxing role models, motivations for returning to the ring, and offer some words of advice during a trying time for everyone across the globe.
This is Candid Conversation, Part 2, Featuring Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr.
Who are your boxing role models? Why?
- Muhammad Ali because of his class, charisma and what he stood for outside of the boxing ring.
- Salvador Sanchez because of his relentless conditioning.
- Sugar Ray Leonard because of his explosiveness and uncanny ability to take over a fight at any time.
- Thomas Hearns because of the brutal right hand he possessed.
- (Marvelous) Marvin Hagler because of how consistent he was.