Streaming action from Kazakhstan to begin at 9 a.m. ET/6 a.m. PT
(February 25, 2021) — Two-time World Championships silver medalist Kamshybek Kunkabayev, from Kazakhstan, will continue his fast track to a world title shot Saturday. Kunkabayev (2-0, 2 KOs) will take on Server Emurlaiev in a 10-rounder for the WBO Asia Pacific cruiserweight title from Baluan Sholak Sports Palace in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
The Kunkabayev-Emurlaiev card, promoted by MTK Global Kazakhstan, will stream live and exclusively in the United States on ESPN+ beginning at 9 a.m. ET/6 a.m. PT.
The 29-year-old Kunkabayev turned pro last August with a second-round stoppage over veteran Issa Akberbayev, and less than four months later, he dominated Serhiy Radchenko en route to a fourth-round knockout. As an amateur, Kunkabayev notched victories over 2016 Olympic gold medalist and current heavyweight prospect Tony Yoka, 2019 World Championships gold medalist Bakhodir Jalolov, and 2019 World Championships bronze medalist Maxim Babanin. Emurlaiev (23-1, 9 KOs), who once challenged for an interim super middleweight world title, returned from a nearly nine-year layoff last Saturday and bested Ajmal Zarif via first-round disqualification.
In other streaming action:
- Kazakh prospect Nurtas Azhbenov (10-0, 4 KOs) will fight Russian veteran Evgeny Smirnov (13-1-3, KOs) in a 10-rounder for the vacant WBC Asian Boxing Council Continental lightweight belt.
- Welterweight prospect Talgat Shayken (3-0, 2 KOs), a 20-year-old from Koksetau, Kazakhstan, will face Evgeny Pavko (18-3-1, 13 KOs) in an eight-rounder. Shayken turned pro last August and has won his last two via stoppage.
- In an eight-round cruiserweight tilt, four-year pro Ali Baloyev (10-0, 7 KOs) will step up in class against 39-year-old Russian Denis Tsaryuk (12-4, 10 KOs).
- Southpaw boxer-puncher Abay Tolesh (6-1, 4 KOs), who bounced back with a knockout win last December following a split decision defeat, will fight Vasily Shtyk (2-2, 2 KOs) in an eight-rounder at middleweight.
- In a six-round featherweight battle of Kazakh unbeatens, Torgynbek Amirov (3-0) will clash with Bektas Kassenay (4-0, 1 KO).
ESPN+ is the industry-leading sports streaming service that offers fans in the U.S. thousands of live sports events, original programming not available on ESPN’s linear TV or digital networks and exclusive editorial content from dozens of ESPN writers and reporters. Launched in April 2018, ESPN+ has grown to more than 12.5 million subscribers.
Fans sign up to ESPN+ for just $5.99 a month (or $59.99 per year) at ESPN.com, ESPNplus.com or on the ESPN App (mobile and connected devices). It is also available as part of The Disney Bundle offer that gives subscribers access to Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu (ad-supported) — all for just $12.99/month.